This building situated at 11 Dobó tér was already standing in the year 1727 when the Serb Simon Szabó sold "his own house for 90 forints to György Boldogi". 11 Dobó tér was one of the very first patrician town houses built after the end of the Turkish occupation. The house was owned for almost 100 years by the Boldogi family (one of the most notable membersof the family was György Boldogi who was barber and a surgeon). The Boldogi then sold the house at auction, and although Tamás Turay offered a large sum for it, the house eventually became the property of András Szvetics, who offered an additional 5 forints. Szvetics was a munieipal dignitary (Senator). Later the house passed into the hands of Imre Major and Tivadar Szongott.
Travelling with children? Need rooms for a group? Organizing an event?
Request an offer.
• The hotel only accepts reservations sent with valid credit card details.
• The hotel requires your credit card details as a guarantee and does not charge it unless a late cancellation or a no-show occurs.
• Reservations can be cancelled free of charge up to 3 days prior to arrival until 18:00.
• In case of late cancellation or no-show the hotel charges the rate of one night as a penalty.
Your personal details as well as your credit card data are received and passed to the selected hotel through a secure channel using SSL encryption protocol. Our hotel reservation system never charges your credit card. Payment is to be completed directly with the hotel.
This hotel has specified its room rates in Hungarian Forint (HUF) and will confirm your booking in this currency. If you select another currency the rates will be converted for your convenience. Please note that this conversion is approximate and may differ from what you will actually pay because of exchange rate fluctuations.
Taxes and fees:
• Rates exclude tourist tax (380 HUF per person per night).
• No tourist tax is to be paid for persons under 18.
• The hotel accepts Hungarian vacation checks.